What is AWS ?
or What is Amazon Web Services ? AWS or Amazon web services is a platform that offer Reliable, flexible, scalable and cost-effective cloud computing service. We can server access, database access, storage access and access to high level application components within Seconds remotely. We can consider them as a temporary and disposable resources. Amazon web service is free from inflexibility, in-constrain and infinite IT infrastructure.
WHY AWS ?
- AWS can reduce risk: Cloud Computing user’s agile to reduce risks. Like cost risk & security risk
- Scale IT Infrastructure: Ability to resize your resources as necessary. Customer can grow and shrink the size of server.
- Operations during disaster: AWS service that makes it quick and easy to shift your disaster recovery strategy to AWS cloud from existing physical or virtual data centers, private clouds, or any other public clouds
- Secure data: 24/7 security is provided by the AWS.
AWS CORE SERVICES:
AWS EC2 – Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud allows you to easily scale virtual machines for your main compute horsepower. It is a web service that provide secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make scaling of cloud computing easier. It provides complete control on computing resources. The instances are pay as you go, Broad selection of hardware / software and Global Hosting.
In just minutes can launch virtual machines called instances online. Select Amazon Machine Image (AMI) with operating system of your choice (Linux or Windows) and start deploying your clusters. There are three types of popular instance when creating AWS EC2 instances:
- AWS Compute optimized – Instances that require extremely high request rates. This Compute optimized configuration leverages industry leading processors.
- AWS Memory optimized – These instances are built with the most efficient per Gigabyte memory cost.
- AMS Storage optimized – Storage optimized instances are accessed extremely fast SSD storage to serve data retrieval requests with high speed.
- Amazon S3 – Amazon AWS S3 simplifies all of your storage needs into containers called buckets, then it let you choose where and how to store them
There are four ways to designate buckets in Amazon Web Services. Cost to store them varies greatly.
1) Amazon AWS S3 Standard Storage
Standard storage is for data that are frequently accessed, such as logs for the last 1 day or a file that is being accessed frequently. It offers affordable, highly available storage capacity that can grow as quickly as organization needs. Service is charged by the GB used and number of requests to access, delete, list, copy or getting a data in Amazon S3
2) Amazon AWS S3 Infrequent Access Storage
To manage and monitor resources that are necessary for your operation but are used less frequently. Buckets has infrequent access and high data availability (99.9%). Cost effective per gigabyte than Standard Storage buckets.
3) Amazon Glacier
For deep storage data that must be retained but are used rarely. It provides long term archiving solution. Data stored in Glacier can take hours to retrieve, but the cost is less of standard storage.
4) Amazon S3 Reduced Redundancy Storage
This Bucket stores non-essential & easily reproducible data, with variable amount of redundancy and durability as their higher-level storage.
- AWS EBS – AWS Elastic Block Storage provides persistent Block-level storage volumes for your Amazon EC2 instances with low latency. Also it allows system to access high speed SSD storage and layer your security with Access Control Lists and encryption. Elastic Block Store permits the use of MDD or SDD storage for many purposes, including boot volumes for Amazon EC2 instances.
- AWS RDS – Amazon Relational Database Service makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale any relational database in the cloud. It provides cost-efficient & resizable capacity with automating time-consuming administration tasks. Amazon RDS is adaptable on several database instance types like optimized for memory, performance or I/O. It supports encryption, automated backups are, user-initiated snapshots and auto update of database software.
- AWS DynamoDB: NoSQL database in the cloud with blazing performance and on demand scalability. Database management is smoother as it auto manages the data traffic of tables over multiple servers and maintains performance. It can relieves the customers from the burden of operating and scaling distributed databases. Hardware provisioning, configuration, replication, setup, software patching, cluster scaling is handled automatically on this service.
- AWS Elasti Cache : It creates in memory caches for better performance interaction ,also this service supports open standards in caching
- VPC – Virtual Private Cloud provides the networking components needed for an infrastructure including subsets, gateways, routing tables, and security mechanisms AWS VPC flow logs are detailed records of the IP traffic passing to and from a port, subnet or your entire Amazon VPC environment. Flow logs provide the deep detailed analytics on who is going where and when. This information provided about your network will enable you develop architecture and budget plans for ongoing operations and overall helps in robust network management. Amazon VPC flow logs also allows you to conduct network forensics including what traffic is worth the compute and storage cost of capturing.
- AWS Cloud Watch – Permits the monitoring of key services; uses metrics and alarms for a familiar monitoring approach. Creating an alarms which watch metrics and send notifications or automatically make changes to the resources. Able to monitor when a threshold is breached. For example, when we monitor the CPU usage and disk reads and writes the Amazon EC2 instances & then use this data to determine whether possible to launch additional instances to handle increased load. With Amazon Cloud Watch, we can gain system-wide visibility into application performance, resource utilization, & operational health.
- AWS Cloud Trail – AWS Cloud Trial is a service that enables governance, compliance, risk auditing and operational auditing of your Amazon AWS account. It permits the tracking of potentially all the API calls to AWS, also allows you detailed analysis of all events no matter the source is. With this service you can login and continuously monitor and retain account activity on your AWS infrastructure. Amazon Cloud Trail provides event history of your AWS account activity such as actions taken through the AWS Management Console, command line tools, AWS SDKs and other AWS services.
- AWS IAM – Identity and Access Management allows the creation of users, groups, and roles for interacting securely with Amazon Web Service.
- Helps to manage AWS IAM users and their access
- Helps to manage AWS IAM roles and their permissions.
- Helps to manage federated users and their permissions.
AWS Application Integration
- AWS SNS: The Simple Notification Service allows the generation of email and text notifications based on Amazon Web Service events. It is a highly available, durable, secure, fully managed pub/sub messaging service that enables you to decouple micro services, distributed systems, and non-server applications.
- AWS SQS: The Simple Queue Service assists you in decoupling components and queuing messages between these components. This service helps the use of micro services for your processing needs.