Location: Abu Dabi (UAE)
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Contract
Looking for Sybase Administrator with 8+ years of experience
Contract – 3 months on-site
Should have Technical expertise comprising of:
- Sybase ASE x, 15.x Database Administration
- Sybase Replication Server 12.6, 15 Administration
- Sybase Central, DBArtisian, Ticketing system.
Besides above candidate should have following skill sets .
- Adaptive Server Administration:
- Administration of ASE 12.x,15.x Production, DR and development servers on HP-UX, sun solaris, AIX.
- Setup & Installation of ASE x, and 15.x versions.
- Applying patches or EBF’s.
- Server configuration and tuning.
- Database devices, Databases and Object creation.
- Database schema management.
- Database user and server login management.
- Database space and threshold management.
- Database backup & restore management.
- Database cache management.
- Disk space management.
- Database maintenance using DBCC, update stats, reorg, Index rebuild, etc.
- Analyzing and monitoring system performances using query plan outputs, system procedures like sp_sysmon & sp_objectstats etc.
- Design and implementation of Transaction Log Shipping of system and user databases for high availability systems.
- Proactive server monitoring, diagnosing and troubleshooting of problems.
- Troubleshooting problems like user and system database corruption and restoration of backups in case of accidental update deletes.
- Writing different utility stored procedures for scheduling DBCC, Index Rebuild, Backups, threshold alerts, system information on locking etc.
- Designing & Implementing different database maintenance tasks by scheduling scripts in job schedulers like crontab.
- Using ticketing system for all alerts.
- Documenting all alerts received, including resolution of each event.
- Performance tuning
- Planning and implementation of DR/Quarterly maintenance window.
- and more